1. Keep it short. If your child can’t sit still long, give her short lessons. Until 4th grade, there really is no reason to go beyond 15-20 minutes EVER. Oh I know you might have curriculum that suggests otherwise. I would suggest you find a different curriculum. Young kids (especially boys) should have short and […]
You read that right. I don’t drive, I’ve never had a learner’s permit or a driver’s license.
The reasons for this include:
1. I’m scared to death of operating a motor vehicle and exceeding speeds of 35 miles per hour.
2. I never could pass the damn permit test in Oregon.
3. I gave up trying.
Now, I have made it through life all this time without the ability to drive. But for a while now I’ve felt like it’s time.
I’m still scared to death, and California freeways are horrific. And that damn permit test has made a punk out of me too many times before.
But my sister-in-law has assured me that the written test is much easier in California compared to Oregon.
Which isn’t surprising considering most California drivers can’t be bothered to use their blinker or stop at a stop sign.
Anyway, conquering my fear of driving has made it’s way to the top of my to-do list.
So wish me luck, I’d like to get my learner’s permit before the year is out so if I get in line at the DMV right now my number should be called sometime before midnight of December 31st.
The future is female.
These girls are cute, funny, creative, stylish; the list goes on. Their parents are too, but this list is all about the kids.
1. Ava age 7, also known as Charlene and Bossy Boss Lady. This kid is a comedic treasure. I adore her sense of humor and her imagination. Can a kid under ten host Saturday Night Live? Because I think Ava would be AMAZING.
2. Farris age 7, is famous for her hashtag #farrisdoesfaces featuring photos of the hysterically funny makeup looks she gives friends and family members. She’s got an eye for color and current trends and she turns each of her volunteers into a work of art.
3. Twins Emma and Mila age 3, Mila is the subject of funny videos created by her older sister that explore import topics like trick or treating, potty training, and gym yoga.
4. Ramona age 7, is a free spirit who plays by her own rules. She has her parents wrapped around her little finger. Her hashtag #theramonashow features photos of her life and times.
5. Olive age 6, this kid is my personal favorite on the list. Great style, great hair, great sense of humor, creative, smart, and a complete baby doll in the looks department.